Are Kicker L5's any good.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

• Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:35 PM

I am putting together a system for my Monte Carlo.
Wondering if the Kicker L5's are any good?
I can get them for the dirt.

If not the L5's give me some more options.
Please no Treo's or RE Audio, can't afford them (well I can but I don't want to put that much money into it)

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:36 PM

u probably already know what Im about to say cuz you were on the other post when I was suggesting kicker. To tell u the truth 2 L7s will sound like 4 L5s. The 12 is about 225 and the 15 is around 250-275 which isnt bad.

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:39 PM

What up dog. I think they soung great. I got 4 12's in my monte and my shit hit hard as hell. Also where can you get them from for so cheap cause I'm thinkin bout put 4 mo in my shit.

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:30 PM

985AKA504 What up dog. I think they soung great. I got 4 12's in my monte and my shit hit hard as hell. Also where can you get them from for so cheap cause I'm thinkin bout put 4 mo in my shit.

damn what kind of amp u runnin em with?

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:09 PM

Adhood: are you still planning to put just one in?

If you wanna' do kicker than I suggest you just go with the L7's.

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

i have two kicker L5 12s in my whip... sound great, beat hard... cant ask for much more..

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:32 PM

I have personally never been impressed with them. Or any of Kicker at that. I'd suggest getting on the car audio forums and present them with your price range for an amp and sub and they will probally reccomend soemthing that will blow it away for the same price.

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:59 PM

What about Type R's..?

Or Re SX's...? Or RE re...?

L5's are decent, and kicker does get loud...but from my past experiences I am not too pleased with them....After they started making shit in Japan..or Korea shit has went down hill for me..

Do you though.

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:28 PM

Maybe some W6v2s? those around like $250 for a 12". Those are pretty good too.

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:51 AM

If you want Kicker I suggest you go to Ebay and get a pair of the Kicker Solo barics L7's I think a pair will run like $350.00 not to sure but around that price. But me myself I love the Massive audio brand. I have had them in a honda accord and some in my cutlass and they are impressive. I must admit they take a big box and they arent loud speakers so not for SPL but for deep bass and pressure they cant be beat for the money. Sound Advice in Shelby NC (704-482-6456) has them for the low low and ships anywhere. You can get a pair of the Massive Audio CW12's or CW15's for under $350.00 and run a Massive Audio PS1500.1 amp which is 1500watts rms @ $295.00 and you have a $600.00 system and you can hang with the best.

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:27 AM

Adhood: are you still planning to put just one in?

If you wanna' do kicker than I suggest you just go with the L7's.

I changed my mind. I am gonna go with two.

I can get two L5's(12's) for $225.

I was planning on running them off a Hifonics Brutus amp, which is $250.
I have a Hifonics in my Caddy and it has never failed me no matter how hard I push it.

I want to put a false wall in front of the subs so you don't see the box.
All you see is the subs.
Kinda like this, not this detailed.
Posted Image

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:19 AM

whats up well im gonna put my 2cents in and say F@#$ kicker i was trying 2 decied last week kicker or alpine 4 my regal and i went with 4 hifonics atlas subs there nasty 4real.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:54 PM

My friend has two Kicker L7's in a custom box and the hit harder than anything I've ever heard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users