lift kit for 1972 impala

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

• Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:53 PM

I have a 1972 impala whats the minium I can lift it to put 26 rims on 305/30/26 tires. Do I have to cut anything, what the best kit to go with.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:16 PM

:( I didnt think people still asked these questions!!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:41 AM

:lmao: I didnt think people still asked these questions!!

LOL @ Trace

on that car you got one big problem, it is rear steer. which means you can't add a lift spindle.

your options for buying a kit are limited to cups, springs, or twist in spacers, and a arms for the front.

on the rear you coil sits ON a perch which sits ON the trailing arms. I don't know about others but I do an oversized lower control arm with a weld on perch and cups for optimum placement depending on height desired.
Ive done a few with the 305/24 and 305/26 tire and still have to trim but the fender well is pretty big and the cuts arent so sever.

Its best to make sure that you replace all worn suspension parts while you are under the car doing the lift as well.

you can get away on 26's with a moderate 3-4 inch lift if you run the 275/25 tire

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:07 AM

LOL @ Trace

LOL...im serious...he asking how to put sixes on a DONK!!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:26 AM

LOL...im serious...he asking how to put sixes on a DONK!!

ah shit for some reason I was thinking 72 cutlass,

hell in that case you got a million options to lift, chances are youll go with knuckles

but its not that hard. you really could do a full 5" lift and do a lil trimming and be good. it would look best with the 305's IMO

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:11 AM

ah shit for some reason I was thinking 72 cutlass,

hell in that case you got a million options to lift, chances are youll go with knuckles

but its not that hard. you really could do a full 5" lift and do a lil trimming and be good. it would look best with the 305's IMO

thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users