Subwoofers

• Please log in to reply
3069 replies to this topic

• Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:01 AM

i had some strokers, wish i had owned some nightshades, i hear nuthin but positive things about them, but i have never personally heard some with my own ears, the strokers are good subs, but anything below 28hz (which you wont listen too to many songs playing that low anyway) they roll off very bad, but anything 28hz and up, they be booming pretty damn good, but for the money if you buying 2, i would save and buy some cheaper branded subs that will perform just as well, like db drive, Lanzar opti series, Soundstream t5s etc.....

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

Them old school strokers.... with the pole in the middle...maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn!!!! shiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! People will kill to own some of those today

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:52 PM

im tryin to get 2 JL Audio 12w7s tomorrow from some dude, he says they are 3 ohm. Does that sound rite? Does the amp have to be 3 ohm also?

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:59 AM

Um I think they do come in dual 3ohm

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:38 AM

nice deal on some db drive subs pair of 12s for 190
http://www.caraudioc...read.php?t=3987

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:50 PM

JL W7's are SINGLE 3 ohm

They're made like that to work with JL amps (smart marketing)

But 2 of them wired together will give you a 1.5 ohm load, so look for an amp that will give you 2k wRMS @ 2ohms. Unless you gone go pay for 2 JL amps...

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

Damn, thats not what i wanted to hear, lol. I already have 1 kicker 1000.1 , i was thinkin i can use that 1 amp for both jl's till i get another 1000.1 kicker and then do 1 kicker amp to each jl. So thats not possible? The only reason im stickin with kicker 1000.1 is cuz they on my budget, I find them on Craigslist all the time for $150, and the only reason im pickin W7s is cuz this lady at my job, her son is locked up, just got sentenced 7 yrs, and she wants $200 for both, new in a box. So can it be done?

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:25 AM

got damn boy, i would get that and resale it, man you finna pay what $350 for amp and subs when you could flip that at least $600 and with the 2nd amp, damn near $800. i say flip it, then we can start from sratch. if you wanna keep that setup, one jl to each kicker amp will give you about the rms on the 12s since they're rated at 750rms.

Edited by Audio Advice, 15 December 2009 - 12:39 AM.

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:49 PM

The "birth sheet" dat came wit the amp says its pushing 1283 rms watts at 2 ohms, how do u get 750 watts?

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

The 12" w7s are rated at 750w RMS each.

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

so my 1000.1 is ok for both? or what rms should i be lookin for?

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:56 PM

Your gonna underpower them alot.

With both wired together you want at least 1500w RMS @ 1.5 Ohms (or 2 ohms)

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

ive got two matrix elite oz audio 12s pushed in a big ported box..damn near takes up the whole trunk of my bubble. pushed by a power acoustik 3000 db ..rite now theyre bridged and i have em facing the licence plate. it has tons of pressure and alot of trunk rattle and its hard for me to sit in the back seat..theres alot of pressure. I was wondering if i turn the box around facing the seat would trunk rattle be greatly reduced or is it gonna be the same ..and i know i have to cut a hole thru the armrest.but what else do i have to do? do i have to make some kind of tunnel or extension from the sub box to the backseat?

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

ive got two matrix elite oz audio 12s pushed in a big ported box..damn near takes up the whole trunk of my bubble. pushed by a power acoustik 3000 db ..rite now theyre bridged and i have em facing the licence plate. it has tons of pressure and alot of trunk rattle and its hard for me to sit in the back seat..theres alot of pressure. I was wondering if i turn the box around facing the seat would trunk rattle be greatly reduced or is it gonna be the same ..and i know i have to cut a hole thru the armrest.but what else do i have to do? do i have to make some kind of tunnel or extension from the sub box to the backseat?

Facing it forward with make it sound real funny and wont reduce trunk rattle unless you doing a blowthru.

Opening up the seat or rear deck will help and put more pressure in the cabin also.

You could move the box right behind the backseat and have the port firing into the arm rest when you cut it out, that will help alot.

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:43 PM

What ya'll think about this here? He said box is 6 cubes plus port...Would this work good in a Grand marquis

http://dallas.craigs...1513208788.html

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:44 AM

What ya'll think about this here? He said box is 6 cubes plus port...Would this work good in a Grand marquis

http://dallas.craigs...1513208788.html

not a bad deal for sub and box, the sub new alone cost more than that....as long as it will fit, should sound fine, AQs are some nice sounding subs. MeandMyVic on here has the same sub in his Crown Vic, shot some vids of it too.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:46 AM

I got a question, in my Crown Vic, should I stick with a trunk setup (bandpass 4th order) or go with 2 badass 10s in a blowthrough on my rear deck (Audioques, DD9510s, Etc...)?

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

You will have more cone area with the 18" and still is a blowthru. Just depends on your power.

Teezy man I was gone ask you how that Audio Control X-overs work, as in are they preset or what? I was going to do a 3-way SQL front stage but said fuck that, too much shit. Stickin with my trust Seleniums!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:01 PM

You will have more cone area with the 18" and still is a blowthru. Just depends on your power.

Teezy man I was gone ask you how that Audio Control X-overs work, as in are they preset or what? I was going to do a 3-way SQL front stage but said fuck that, too much shit. Stickin with my trust Seleniums!

Thats true, loved the way that 18" sounded though, that bitch was knocking...and those Audiocontrol x overs have removeable modules inside of them, that lets you change the crossover point.

3 way is hard as hell to tune and balance right homie, I would suggest a really nice comp set or like you said stick with the Seleniums :lmao:

I just ran my setup active off my Pioneer 880 PRS, using my Blaupunk VC100 tweeters and PG RSD mids, and pushing everything with my MB Quart Discus 4125, and man that shit is so loud and clear. I got midbass for days, sounds like some little subs up front, lol. If I can get a decent camera, ill shoot a vid of how my highs sound.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:43 PM

Tht SQ shit had a high price tag also, man I was gone be getting about 2500w RMS total in system, and I was at $2.5k lil shittin me, too much headache and money for lil bit.

Seleniums and lanzar tweets will be loud and clear. I may get some 6.5" SUBS to hit that freq range above subs to the mids, prolly cross my seleniums around 250-300hz, I know they have midbass but I want less stress and more vocals!

Those kicker CVT's 6.5" fittin the bill so far

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users