Headunits, Electrical, Misc.

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

• Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:43 PM

get a older remote off ebay they cheap nearly all pioner remotes work with pioneer hu if it dont work oh well guess they changed the frequency

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:03 PM

here goes a question is it easier to power one big amp or 2 smaller amps (not counting amps for mids) (example 1 4k or 2 2ks)

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:03 PM

Hey i need some help. The other day i was workin on my speakers and i unplugged my amp wiires. When i unplugged them the ground and amp remote turn on wire toched and sparked and caused the cd player to completely cut off. I have changed the fuses in the cd player and the fuse box and have also tried another cd player and the original factory radio. i was wondering if it is worth $40 every 30mins for best buy to look at it or if anyone has any good suggestions. Thanks

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:13 PM

ok so you saying even when you put in another cd player it doesn't come on either

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

Best Buy Guys Don't Know Much More Than You Do IMO.

The Computer Tells Them Everything.

You Might Have Burn The Wires, Try Changing The Ground, Remote & The Ground Location.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:29 AM

No it doesnt work with another cd player or original radio. Thanks i will try wchanging what you said.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:24 AM

here goes a question is it easier to power one big amp or 2 smaller amps (not counting amps for mids) (example 1 4k or 2 2ks)

Classic Question., My responce to this question is that it will just be more wires and take up more space to have 2 amps. I honestly dont see anything wrong or any reason else why this would be any different then running one amp. Some people may say something about efficiency (electrical) but I say other wise.

No it doesnt work with another cd player or original radio. Thanks i will try wchanging what you said.

:props:

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:40 AM

Does any know how I could power a LCD monitor in a car. I got HD 22" that I want to fiberglass in the dash.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

:( ?!?!?!?

You hook it up to a power source...Just like all other car electonics

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:34 AM

like at converter ? I wanted to know has any seen how fiberglass monitors in doors and dashes

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:13 AM

No, you hook it up basically the same way you do a cd player, and amp... to the battery. A remote wire so it turns on/off when you turn on/off the car. video in/outputs to the reciever (cd,dvd player must have outputs) and thats basically it as far as hooking it up. If you trying to watch cable and all that, its other things you need to check out.

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:56 AM

you wouldn't happen to know where i can get a converter from would you. This monitor is meant to be plugged into a wall.

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

A regular cigarette lighter type converter? If so, anywhere, walmart, radio shack, best buy, ect...

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:08 PM

no I dont want wires to be seen . I am trying to be like the SHOW ME MY OPPENENT BUICK on 30's

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:21 PM

no I dont want wires to be seen . I am trying to be like the SHOW ME MY OPPENENT BUICK on 30's

They make power inverters that can connect directly to the battery if u dont want it to plug into your lighter. u just gotta find sumwhere to hide it.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:13 AM

They make power inverters that can connect directly to the battery if u dont want it to plug into your lighter. u just gotta find sumwhere to hide it.

Thanks I just need two more monitors for each door. I am trying to find the converter on ebay but all of them plug into the lighter

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:49 PM

What is a good budget double din dvd to buy or should I just buy wit a Pioneer 3100dvd?

Edited by joye227, 04 October 2009 - 11:01 PM.

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:34 AM

What is a good budget double din dvd to buy or should I just buy wit a Pioneer 3100dvd?

JVC

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:49 AM

What about soundstream and power acoustik double dins? Are they good or bad?

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:24 AM

basic rule of thumb with H/Us. Stay with the mainstream lines like Eclipse, Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, Clarion etc. Companies like u named shine in other areas but head units aint 1 of them. I see tooooooo many Pyle, XO Vision, Quantum, Jensen head units going out. They are basically crap. They make good screens like flip downs and headrest screens but they dont make good radios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users