Ever put a moonroof on a Cutlass?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

• Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

I bought an electric moonroof/sunroof/skylight....whatever you want to call it....and I want 2 put it on my '86 Cutlass Supreme. Dont know if I want to try & do it myself or get it done somewhere. I'll get a pic up a.s.a.p. But, It's 32x20, electric, and it lifts the glass in the back and slides half way open. The roof is 50" across. Anybody have any experience in aftermarket sunroof installation?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by YoungGun001, 13 August 2009 - 11:21 PM.

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:03 AM

man personally unless you real good at installing and cutting ..id ratha take it to a professional cuz if your cuts are off you can leak and all kinds of things can go wrong ...but thats alll you bruh

but wat szie motor is that rite there? and is it goin in the cutty?

Edited by 941cutty, 14 August 2009 - 01:05 AM.

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:24 AM

where u got tha moon roof from bruh..an if ya dont mind me askin how much it ran ya...

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:28 AM

Thats my Little Beast....it's my newly rebuilt Chevy 350 4 bolt main. I got a Holley 650 carburetor, 14x4 air cleaner, and '83 Malibu longtube headers not pictred that are goin in with it too.

The moonroof, I got off Craigslist in Jacksonville. Dude was asking $100, I got it from him for $80. It was a deal either way. The guy bought it as a replacement for a mustang. Then he wrecked his shit....Dumbass... :props:

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:50 AM

I got a good working factory gbody sunroof fa tha low if anyboy want it.

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

dayum id luv to have a sunroof in mine..but i think the install at a shop would cost a grip..and aint no way imma try it myself cuz id b afraid of leaks n it not linin up rite

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

down here when i called they told me i can get power dual panel moonroof installed with a lifetime warranty for like $1295.99 + tax ill get they # later for anyone that wants it oh yeah there are cheaper places but you gotta go up there with the part and they will charge you $800 + tax not worth it to me id rather go to the other shop and do it due to lifetime warranty + part + installed for probly 1500-1600 with tax

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:52 AM

down here when i called they told me i can get power dual panel moonroof installed with a lifetime warranty for like $1295.99 + tax ill get they # later for anyone that wants it oh yeah there are cheaper places but you gotta go up there with the part and they will charge you $800 + tax not worth it to me id rather go to the other shop and do it due to lifetime warranty + part + installed for probly 1500-1600 with tax

Why? :lmao:
Im gettin it done for $200 clean at the body shop. You go ahead and ball til ya fall... Ima shine when its time. But Im definately not tryin to do it myself. I live in Florida and when it rains... Bruh it RAINS. Anyway, Im lookin forward to seeing it done. It might take a backseat right now because Im workin on droppin the motor but Ima hurt yall feelins here in a minute. Ppreciate the comments. Heres what Im workin with on the inside.

Posted Image

Maybe?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dont know if this can even be done with the subs, but I was fuckin around with some ideas

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by YoungGun001, 15 August 2009 - 11:20 AM.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:30 AM

man i was saying i would rather pay for the lifetime warranty then pay $800 no warranty no part im not even getting 1 i want 1 but im not fixing to pay them prices. also if you read i said moonroof not pop up sunroof, motrizied sunroof, rag top, pop up moonroof, pop up dual panel moonroof, motrized moonroof but motrized dual panel moonroof. there is a price difference. if you dont know the difference then go look it up. if it rains like that down there then fuck da sun roof if you real about the interior

mama says: better use the plastic (no condoms, no homo)

(unless you tring to state this is how you want it too look and cgied it then forget what i post but im taking it that you said you did it unless you post up and clearfy) man your interior looks cgied all the way how the hell you gonna take 4 pics that perfectly matches up? dude if its not done shut up and get real. no one cares how good the cgied pics really are (wich are nice) but dude that just took too much time to do when you go to a interior shop its good to have these

sorry for the long post

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

E-lo...The word "ideas" as in "I was fuckin around wit some ideas" xplains itself. Of course theyre cg'd!! :sniper: . If you ever waste our time like that with a long ass, pointless, I had no idea what you said after I read it, post... I will find you and smash your mamas computer.

Edited by YoungGun001, 16 August 2009 - 01:25 AM.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:55 PM

your interior clean..but imma have 08 impala ss seats in mine....nun that bench seating for me...and if i find a electric sunroof and a palce to do it rite for a few hundo i'll go head and get 1 too..cuz the motor almost dun (lol o ya its juz alil 350 wit alil work too haha)

but ya yo car clean bruh aint no hate

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:06 PM

E-lo... The word "ideas" as in "I was fuckin around wit some ideas" explains itself. Of course the pics are cg'd!!! :popcorn: . If you ever waste our time like that with a long ass, pointless, I had no idea what you said after I read it, post... I will find you and smash your mamas computer.

first off i didnt see where you said that "i was fuckin around wit some ideas". You cant even buy my computer at no store. Everything in my computer is custom built except the shell i tore it from a dell till i finish modding my new case. Dude im certified in computers, I build them, fix them, tear them apart. i can make $14 an hour 11.50 after taxes building one and can work out my own crib im my own boss i dont even live with my mama no more i got my own crib i pay a damn mortgage every month

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:41 AM

your interior clean..but imma have 08 impala ss seats in mine....nun that bench seating for me...and if i find a electric sunroof and a palce to do it rite for a few hundo i'll go head and get 1 too..cuz the motor almost dun (lol o ya its juz alil 350 wit alil work too haha)

but ya yo car clean bruh aint no hate

Ppreciate the love. Its only gonna get better once my engine work is done. 12 Days at the shop, 10 now and its runnin brand new. I feel you on the buckets... Ive thought about it... But I always decide on keepin the pillowtop. I mean where you gonna find a clean original interior like I got from an '86 @? I got lucky. It FORREAL belongd to an oldlady... And she only drove it to Church! No Lie!!! But yea... cop that moonroof and ride out wit clean air in the cutty. Ima have it done before the summer leaves. I need to get the air runnin thru mine to get that "clean car/moth balls" smell out and bless it wit some lovely lovely eww wee the day it fires up. Then NO SMOKIN in the whip :props:

Edited by YoungGun001, 20 August 2009 - 03:02 AM.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:31 AM

Ppreciate the love. Its only gonna get better once my engine work is done. 12 Days at the shop, 10 now and its runnin brand new. I feel you on the buckets... Ive thought about it... But I always decide on keepin the pillowtop. I mean where you gonna find a clean original interior like I got from an '86 @? I got lucky. It FORREAL belongd to an oldlady... And she only drove it to Church! No Lie!!! But yea... cop that moonroof and ride out wit clean air in the cutty. Ima have it done before the summer leaves. I need to get the air runnin thru mine to get that "clean car/moth balls" smell out and bless it wit some lovely lovely eww wee the day it fires up. Then NO SMOKIN in the whip :props:

o i kno how it is wit the motor shit...mine almost gettin dun now(bottom end all dun) top end gettin started on tomm...so once it runnin and i can stop spendin all my money on that then its on to the cosmetics and the seats i ran across on CL (well st pete did and tol me bout em) so i hada grab em cuz i needed buckets for my floor shifter and they was a real good price...but ya homie your interior clean ..mine isnt that clean so i gotta redo mine its a 78 so got more yrs on them plastics

good luck on the sunroof tho if you end up doin it take progress pix cuz it mite make me wana get 1 in the future

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:16 PM

LilDaddy601 says he got a moonroof for a gbody... Hit him up, see what he's talkin about. Oh and '03 Chevy Malibu's got the same 32x20 electric moonroof I got. I bet there's a few junk yards with good ones out there.

Yea my car's been sittin in the same spot for about 3 months until I flatbedded it to the shop this week. My homeboys was like "when you gonna do somethin to it" and I had to :D when I tell them about all the work Ive BEEN DOIN on the motor. If it aint movin they think shit aint happenin to it. So I had to just get it movin.

Edited by YoungGun001, 20 August 2009 - 11:19 PM.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

man it sounds good sorry about earlier and that was some good cgi i never seen it that good it looks like it was already done i just could tell the difference keep it up. i know what your talking about the interior being good my 86 is good like that except i have a cigerte burn mark in the seats and a hole in the driver side visor. paints still good just have a little surface rust trunk lid needs a little work also

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

man it sounds good sorry about earlier and that was some good cgi i never seen it that good it looks like it was already done i just could tell the difference keep it up. i know what your talking about the interior being good my 86 is good like that except i have a cigerte burn mark in the seats and a hole in the driver side visor. paints still good just have a little surface rust trunk lid needs a little work also

Well, Im a club promoter. So I dabble in Marketing with MS paint, photoshop, corel, and anything I can get my hands on. Im a visual person so if I have an idea, I have to see it in concept. Thats the deal. No love lost E-lo :bringit:

Put some pics up of your project, interior, exterior, engine bay whatever.

Edited by YoungGun001, 21 August 2009 - 05:42 PM.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:47 AM

theres some in the project rydes go look for 86 vic i need to take some more of the interior and engine bay ive only got a camera phone to take pics my homeboy has a camera and he just wont let me borrow it no more he loves his camera witch i dont blame him $200 i wouldn't let no one see it

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

I dont know about electric, but I was going to drop a lil push up sunroof in my old cutty and the shop told me like a lil over $100 installed.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:47 AM

shit thats better then chat-town told me $250 for a pop up installed with a 6 month warranty i dont get nothing without talking over a warranty i learned my lesson the hard way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users