1997 gmc suburban (vortec) stalls WTF

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

• Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

My suburban started stalling after I turn it on, or while I'm driving. I've changed fuel filter, coolant temp sensor, throttle position sensor, crank shaft sensor. And it still keeps shutting off. Any of yall motor heads or anyone with knowledge with these vortec motors, have any idea or suggestion. I would greately appreciate it.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:31 PM

wrong fourm to ask that kinda question, go on a tahoe, silveraldo, ect fourm thats fulla people with suvs and trucks
youll get your answer then

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

wrong fourm to ask that kinda question, go on a tahoe, silveraldo, ect fourm thats fulla people with suvs and trucks
youll get your answer then

Yea I kno, I jus figured I'd give it a try. I went and bought a scanner and I'm gettin towards the problem.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:03 AM

mass air flow sensor?

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:38 AM

Nah, the lil scanner gave me a code for an 02 sensor. After I had changed crank position sensor, throttle position sensor, coolant temp sensor, fuel filter and spark plugs. $100 plus I spent on shit that didn't help. I was going to change the fuel pump. I just bought the scanner instead and actually have it tell me what's wrong, then keep spending and guessing at it.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:10 PM

lol yea I would have changed the fuel filter at the most THEN I would have had it put on the computer! I fucked up a lot of money like that in my day

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:28 PM

lol yea I would have changed the fuel filter at the most THEN I would have had it put on the computer! I fucked up a lot of money like that in my day

I feel you, I just kept changin shit. I changed one thing and had to change something else and hoped it worked I couldnt drive it without it stalling in the middle of going down the road.

I cleared the codes and it hasn't shut off yet. Ima wait till it stalls again and hook it to the scanner if the 02 sensor comes back on, then I will change it.

You had problems with these motors before? Or same issues on another car.

#8 dwightwilliams

dwightwilliams

Weenie

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

You've replaced all and nothing happened to fix it? That's a lot of money to replacing most sensors to keep the engine working again.
  • Clanuatte and infomeroteedo like this

#9 eazzymac

eazzymac

Freshman

• Registered Member
  • 655 posts

• What I'm Driving:
    schwinn with the ET basket

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

:props: look at the date
motorhead

0 user(s) are reading this topic