• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tonygmc

tonygmc

Weenie

• Registered Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:05 PM

im bout to get my truck painted a 24k gold and my painter is going to add some extra flakes. im tryin to make that bitch glem so should i get house of Kolor silver flakes or gold flakes to make thay bitch sparkle in the day time or night time

Edited by tonygmc, 14 April 2011 - 12:09 PM.

#2 Darth Lader

Darth Lader

"Thirty World!"

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts

• What I'm Driving:
    Escalade on 30's

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

Flakes is for lowriders bruh.

What color are you painting the car? And don't say 24k gold cause that's not a color. I mean the actual color name of the paint.

Are you sprayin it kandy or regular paint?

#3 tonygmc

tonygmc

Weenie

• Registered Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

Flakes is for lowriders bruh.

What color are you painting the car? And don't say 24k gold cause that's not a color. I mean the actual color name of the paint.

Are you sprayin it kandy or regular paint?

Kandy! its a barrett jackson color. and that the name of the color on the chart i got

#4 Darth Lader

Darth Lader

"Thirty World!"

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts

• What I'm Driving:
    Escalade on 30's

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

Kandy! its a barrett jackson color

WTF is that? :allgood:

#5 THE MAN

THE MAN

THE BOSS

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,359 posts

• What I'm Driving:
    2012 CADDY

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

SMH just get some house of kolor
END OF TIMES

#6 blazinon3z

blazinon3z

Freshman

• Registered Member
  • 532 posts

• What I'm Driving:
    87 LAMBO ORANGE BLAZER AND AN 85 CUTLASS IN THE WORKS

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

its actually shewin williams paint i saw the color samples they had when i went to barret jackson on saturday they did have some really nice looking colors
PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS

#7 Heavychevyboi804

Heavychevyboi804

Weenie

• Registered Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

its actually shewin williams paint i saw the color samples they had when i went to barret jackson on saturday they did have some really nice looking colors

The barret jackson line of sherwin williams is more of a pearl or opal than a Kandy. I would say you would do better with the house of kolors or outrageous line of paints. Just my opion but if you going to do flakes and the paint color 24k u need to make sure its going to shine right. If you can get a piece of fiberglass or sheetmetal to test the look on it would help you with the decision.

#8 tonygmc

tonygmc

Weenie

• Registered Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

The barret jackson line of sherwin williams is more of a pearl or opal than a Kandy. I would say you would do better with the house of kolors or outrageous line of paints. Just my opion but if you going to do flakes and the paint color 24k u need to make sure its going to shine right. If you can get a piece of fiberglass or sheetmetal to test the look on it would help you with the decision.

ok i think imma do silver flakes....i drive a 2002 yukon im trying to go a color no usually seen and not close to stock look...as u can see i dont know anything about paint.

#9 MC CUSTOMS

MC CUSTOMS

Weenie

• Registered Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:18 PM

if the color is gold do gold flakes silver will look like garbage over gold base.... and sherwinn williams ultra line or barret jackson or even planet colors lines will outlast hok or outrageous and are much user friendly.... i spray sherwinn 24/7 and wont switch... i mite use some hok on a few projects but only certain stuff

outrageous isnt worth the price... that fad is done with no one wants the same 5 colors that everyone use from them. i liked them the first time i seen them then got sick of seeing everyone the same teal color lmao

if your using the barret jackson line of sherwinn you will not be dissapointed at all but definitely if its a gold base use gold flakes the silver will contrast too much

#10 tonygmc

tonygmc

Weenie

• Registered Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

if the color is gold do gold flakes silver will look like garbage over gold base.... and sherwinn williams ultra line or barret jackson or even planet colors lines will outlast hok or outrageous and are much user friendly.... i spray sherwinn 24/7 and wont switch... i mite use some hok on a few projects but only certain stuff

outrageous isnt worth the price... that fad is done with no one wants the same 5 colors that everyone use from them. i liked them the first time i seen them then got sick of seeing everyone the same teal color lmao

if your using the barret jackson line of sherwinn you will not be dissapointed at all but definitely if its a gold base use gold flakes the silver will contrast too much

yea i am i appricate your input

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users