• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 91ChevyBoi

91ChevyBoi

Weenie

• Registered Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:05 AM

Are 4.10 gear easy to put in if so any pointers?? I really wonna do this on my own and i do have good knowldge of cars i jus wonna know if its easy then taking my stock gears and bearings out then putting them back in or should i jus take it to a perfessonal and let them deal with it??
  • Bomaecolalt and infomeroteedo like this

#2 Droptop

Droptop

Fresh Meat

• Registered Member
  • 430 posts

• What I'm Driving:
    Smart car on Budniks

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

Are 4.10 gear easy to put in if so any pointers?? I really wonna do this on my own and i do have good knowldge of cars i jus wonna know if its easy then taking my stock gears and bearings out then putting them back in or should i jus take it to a perfessonal and let them deal with it??

If you havent done gears before, take it to a shop and let them do it, that way if for some reason they arent set up correctly, its on them.

#3 87caprice318

87caprice318

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • Pip
  • 1,503 posts

• What I'm Driving:
    05 Suburban z71, 1987 Caprice Brougham

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

What he said.....Take it to a shop if you dont have all the tools and know how about a rear gear change...That shit take time and hella patience...Its not as easy as just taking old out and stick new in..Gotta get em set up CORRECTLY...Took me about 6 hours to put mine in CORRECT...test fitting different shims, races, etc...take it to a shop....I would take it to a 4x4 shop since that is what they do alot of instead of a regular auto shop...Good Luck.
Posted Image

SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL........87CHEVYTHANG!!

#4 Mr_901

Mr_901

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • Pip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

Might have to get a Tune too, cause them 4.10 Gears gone' throw yo Speedometer off...

#5 91ChevyBoi

91ChevyBoi

Weenie

• Registered Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:06 PM

Thanks everybody real shit, i know alil but not enough to go fuck with them. After looking at them shims and bearings i had changed my mind so come Monday im def goin look for a good shop or 4x4 shop to do them.

#6 tonygmc

tonygmc

Weenie

• Registered Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

Thanks everybody real shit, i know alil but not enough to go fuck with them. After looking at them shims and bearings i had changed my mind so come Monday im def goin look for a good shop or 4x4 shop to do them.

if you real good wit ya hands you can do it..my lil bro put his 4.10 gears with a spool and he 18. all he needed was someone to turn the axels for him while he put the gears in...but if you have no clue on wat u doin take it to someone..but he ended up fuckin his motor up racing cuz them gears keep ur RPM high so stay off the highway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users